Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
I have experimented too many times to count to find the perfect Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe! One with a balance of crisp edges, a soft, chewy interior, and a rich, buttery flavor with a good balance of sweetness.
These Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies are all of the above, plus, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and can be dairy-free (I use butter, but alternatives are given!)
This is my go-to for my chocolate chip cookie cravings!
What Makes the Best Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies?
- Chilling the Dough: Allowing the cookie dough to chill in the refrigerator before baking can enhance the flavor and texture. It also helps prevent excessive spreading during baking.
- Butter: Many cookie enthusiasts swear by using real butter for its rich flavor. The butter should be softened but not melted, and it’s often creamed with the sugars for the right texture.
- Baking Soda: This leavening agent contributes to the cookie’s rise.
- Texture: A perfect cookie has a balance of crisp edges and a soft, chewy interior. Achieving this texture often involves careful measurement of ingredients and controlling factors like baking time and temperature.
- Flavor: The cookie should have a rich, buttery flavor with a good balance of sweetness. High-quality chocolate chips contribute to the overall taste.
- Chocolate Chips: The chocolate chips should be distributed evenly throughout the cookie, ensuring a consistent chocolate flavor in each bite. Some prefer a mix of chocolate chip sizes for variety.
- Brown Sugar / or a Blend of Maple Syrup + Monk Fruit or Coconut Sugar: Brown sugar adds moisture, chewiness, and a slightly caramelized flavor to the cookie. Some recipes like this one use a combination of sugars.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract enhances the overall flavor profile of the cookie.
- Salt: A pinch of salt can enhance the sweetness and bring out the flavors.
- Customization: The perfect cookie might also include additional ingredients like nuts or a sprinkle of sea salt on top, depending on personal preferences.
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 7 tbsp softened butter Regular / Dairy Free / Coconut Oil — About ½ Cup
- ⅔ cup sweetener (I use a blend, ⅓ cup maple syrup, ⅓ cup monk fruit) Can use regular sugar, brown sugar of coconut sugar
- 1 Lg egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
- ⅔ cup Chocolate Chips
- Add the butter to a mixing bowl, and soften if needed in the oven.
- Add the sweetener and beat with butter until well combined; can use an electric mixer or an immersion blender (I use the immersion blender as I do not have a mixer)
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract until the egg is completely broken up.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. (semi-sweet or dark)
- Add the dough to the freezer for 20 minutes. This is a step you don't want to skip to ensure the cookies don’t spread flat while baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- After 20 minutes, scoop the dough into medium balls (about 1½ tbsp), do not flatten, sprinkle with salt, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool!
Indulge in the perfect combination of a chewy and gooey center, complemented by the sweetness of chocolate chips, and delicately crisp edges. These almond flour chocolate chip cookies offer that classic cookie texture you love, and the best part – they’re entirely gluten-free!
In just 30 minutes, you can savor cookies that taste just like the traditional ones.
Enjoy these Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies with a glass of Coconut, Almond, or milk of choice!
For More Inspiration
- Health + Wellness
- Travel Inspiration
- Travel Resources
- Stay in the Heart of the Adirondacks!
- Events, Favorites & Discounts
I spent 5 weeks on a spiritual journey with my husband and immersed myself in the age-old traditions and rituals of yoga on Koh Phangan island in the Gulf of Thailand. Focusing on Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga. Completing my 200-Hr Yoga Teacher Training. Learn more about my experience here!
I then received my Integrative Nutrition Health coach training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, where I learned about more than one hundred dietary theories and studied a variety of practical lifestyle coaching methods. Drawing on this knowledge, I will help you create a completely personalized “roadmap to health” that suits your unique body, lifestyle, preferences, and goals. Learn more about my training.
Learn More About Me Here!
Yoga inspires me to live more mindfully in the present moment. It has taught me to be stronger, more flexible, fearless, and open, both mentally and physically, on and off the mat. Practicing various yoga techniques has helped me connect deeper with the body, mind, breath, and soul.
This article may contain affiliate / compensated links. For full information, please see our disclaimer here
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies - The Healthy Livin Travelers
These Gluten-Free Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies have a balance of crisp edges, a soft, chewy interior, and a rich, buttery flavor with a good balance of sweetness. Gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and can be dairy-free!
Keywords: Gluten Free Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe Yield: 12 Cookies
Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- Butter or Coconut Oil
- Monk Fruit
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Flour
- Arrowroot Flour
- Baking Soda
- Sea Salt
- Chocolate Chips