Do you love Apple Pie as much as I do? Do you want it for on the road? Maybe while sitting around a campfire? Then Read On!
Paleo Apple Pie for Camping, am I dreaming?
Paleo recipes really don’t have to be complicated! I am not a complicated girl! It’s the ingredients that might be tricky for people, like who has Almond flour in their cabinets except for me? John and I go camping and hiking often, and John loves his sweets! So, I like to get creative and make recipes that we can eat while traveling, or hiking or camping. And recipes like this are great if its someone’s birthday or a special holiday!
This Paleo Apple Pie is so easy to make and so so good!!! Make a grain-free, low-carb crust, fill it with apples warmed in maple syrup and top it off with some home-made Paleo Whipped Cream, sprinkled with cinnamon. And you have one amazing Gluten-free, Grain-free, and Dairy-free Apple Pie in a Jar!
Please, if you try this, leave some love in the comments below!
Paleo Apple Pie for Camping and Hiking!
Paleo Apple Pie in 4 – 8 oz Jars!
Preheat Oven to 350° Farenheight
Coconut Whipped Cream (Optional)
Whipped Coconut Cream Directions
- If using full-fat coconut milk then remove the thick cream on the top and place in a mixing bowl! (The remainder of the can, can be used in other recipes or with tea or coffee- don’t waste it!)
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer (I don’t have either, so I just use a whisk) to beat on medium-high for about 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Scrape down the bowl.
- If adding sweetener and vanilla, add now, and continue beating until mixed. (Now sprinkle the cinnamon on top – or after it has been added to the apple pie!)
- Cover and put in the refrigerator until ready to use!
Putting it all together!
- Preheat Oven to 350° Farenheight
- Fill each jar 1/2 full with the apple mixture – and press them firmly in the jar!
- Next, add equal amounts of the dough mixture
- Put the Mason Jars on a sturdy rack or oven tray and cook until the crust has browned (about 5-10 minutes)
- Finally, let cool for 5 minutes or more, top with whipped cream and dash of cinnamon (optional) and seal on top and place in the refrigerator for later or eat right away!