Paleo Chai Ice Cream
The creamiest, best homemade dairy-free paleo chai ice cream ever!
Paleo, Gluten-Free & Refined Sugar-Free!
- 1 can full-fat Coconut Milk
- 3 tablespoons of honey (more or less, depending on YOU or substitute with Stevia or maple syrup)
- 5 Tablespoons full bodied black tea or 5 teabags (Can use less too!) (Optional*** I have made this without using tea at all because of the caffeine and it turns out just as good!!)
- 1-star anise or a 1/2 tsp ground
- 10 whole cloves or 3/4 tsp ground
- 10 whole allspices or 1/2 tsp ground
- 2 cinnamon stick or 1 tsp ground
- 10 whole white peppercorn or 1/8 Ground (Can use black peppercorns in place)
- 5 cardamon pods 1/4 tsp of ground cardamom
- 1-2 inch piece of fresh ginger (or a 1/4 tsp ground!)
- 3 egg yolks
- Combine coconut milk, sugar of choice, tea if using and spices over low heat. Let simmer until the mixture turns earthy brown stirring occasionally! About 45 minutes.
(It reduces a lot and you’ll realize it’s a lot of work for a little bit of ice-cream ?)
- Strain mixture using a very fine mesh strainer to get any of the chalkiness from the spices out!
- In a heat safe bowl, whisk the yolks, until a fluffy consistency. Add a small ladle of the warm mixture to the eggs, very slowly, so you don’t end up with scrambled eggs!!! Mixing together to get a nice consistency! (I usually use my immersion blender!)
- Cover the mixture and refrigerate for 8 hours to 2 days to allow it to fully chill and thicken.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker and enjoy the heck out of this masterpiece!!! ?
You can make this without an ice cream maker. Just churn it by hand! I do highly recommend investing in an ice cream maker! You can find them relatively inexpensive! Mine was under $50 and I love it!
Check out our other Paleo recipes!
This article may contain affiliate / compensated links. For full information, please see our disclaimer here
Leave a reply