Are you a Chai-A-Holic? Then get ready for the BEST Paleo Iced (or hot) Chai Latte Recipe!
If you’re like me, then you know Chai Latte’s are Life! Better yet, Paleo Iced Chai Latte! Like my blood type is definitely Chai Latte… I have tried many different recipes. Trying to figure out the absolute best Chai Latte Recipe!
You can also keep this as a hot chai – just omit refrigerating and the ice cubes!
Homemade, made from scratch, Chai Latte’s beat any other way! Frothy, Spicey and Sweet on in one little (or large) mug! Many Chai lattes are made with black tea, which is often caffeinated. Personally, I often make my chai tea without black tea, as caffeinated drinks don’t always settle with me well, hence why I am not drinking coffee! This is a great coffee substitute! Especially if you have issues with caffeine! And you can always omit or lesson the sugar amount as well!
Have you checked out our blog post as to why we are on the paleo diet? Check it out!
I am that person who buys all my Chai Latte spices in bulk because I drink it so often! And I find it to be cheaper that way! I buy my bulk spices from Spicely Organics. Other spices I’ve always loved are Simply Organic (Which are found on Amazon or at any of the local grocery stores!) And we also love Frontier Co-Op Spices. My favorite part is that they come in glass containers! I always try to purchase anything that comes in glass over plastic, and if I buy in bulk I refill the glass containers!
How to make the perfect Paleo Iced Chai Latte at home!
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:||Serves:|
|5 Minutes||10 – 15 Minutes||15-20 Minutes||2 -4 |
(2 Full Thermoses)
- 2 cups Coconut Milk (Or other milk of choice)
- 2 cups water
- 1-2 tablespoons Looseleaf Black Tea (4-6 tea bags) (Optional** Sometimes Caffeine doesn’t work for everyone- Like myself!)
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup or Honey (I get these locally) (More, less or none depending on you!)
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1/2 tsp ground
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 10 whole cloves or 3/4 tsp ground
- 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom or 10 pods
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1-star anise or a 1/2 tsp ground
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 tablespoon of Fresh Ginger (I love Fresh Ginger!!)
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- A handful of ice cubes (for later use!)
- If using whole spices, *** crush and chop the cloves, cardamom pods and star anise ***
- In a saucepan, add in all ingredients except for the milk, vanilla extract, and ice cubes.
- Simmer for 10 minutes on low heat
- If using full-fat can of coconut milk then pour into a different saucepan and simmer until bubbling! – Let cool and refrigerate when done! (If using boxed milk or milk that isn’t separated from the fat then you do not need to heat up!)
- Strain your chai into a heat-safe bowl, discarding the tea and spices.
- Add the vanilla extract
- Let cool and then put the chai concentrate in the refrigerator for at least an hour to chill.
- Serving: Fill a glass or mug with ice, then pour chai concentrate half the way. Then add the milk on top!
- Optional ** Sprinkle with ground Cinnamon!
This article may contain affiliate / compensated links. For full information, please see our disclaimer here