The absolute Best Paleo Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies made gluten-free, dairy-free and refined-sugar-free. Minimal Ingredients!
Just in time for the Holiday! One of the easiest and my most favorite paleo cookie recipes that almost everyone can enjoy unless you have a nut allergy of course! These Paleo Raspberry Thumbprint cookies are to die for!!!
They are Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined-Sugar-Free and all around the easiest paleo thumbprint cookie recipe! A deliciously, soft cookie, filled with the tastiest homemade raspberry jam made with minimal ingredients so everyone can enjoy!
My personal favorite cookies to make!
Paleo Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies (Gluten, Dairy & Refined Sugar Free)
- 1 Cup Fresh Raspberries (Or frozen)
- 2 Tsp Maple Syrup (Or other sweetener of choice)
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 Large Egg (I often use a duck egg!)
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup (Or other sweetener of choice)
- 2 Tbsp Melted & Cooled Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pinch Himalayan Salt
Raspberry Jam Instructions
- Combine Raspberries and Maple Syrup in a saucepan and heat on medium/high heat until bubbly
- Turn heat to low and allow to cook for a few more minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and mix in the Chia Seeds and allow to cool.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine egg and sweetener of choice. Mix for one minute.
- Add flour, oil, vanilla, baking soda, and apple cider vinegar. Mix until incorporated and the dough forms.
- Shape the dough into balls, using about 1 – 2 tbsp of dough for each.
- Moisten your thumb with a little bit of oil or water and gently press into the center of each ball. (You can also use cute cookies cutters or make a cookie sandwich with two doughballs filling it with the Raspberry filling!)
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let the cookies cool for at least 5 minutes until they harden a bit.
- Once cool, fill each cookie with jam and sprinkle with Himalayan Salt.
If you loved the Paleo Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies recipe, leave a comment,
pin-in on Pinterest, share it on social media. We love the love!
Meet Ally, The Creator Behind Allys Paleo Eats
A secretary by day, a cook by night, but in all seriousness a want-to-be stay at home dog mom! Lover of animals. Lover of the environment. And Lover of yoga! Currently working on my Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sustainability and Animal Science. While being the best damn house-wife, pet-mom, and chicken “farmer”. You can find me where the cell signal is non-existent, the people are limited and the views are breathtaking!
Hi, I’m Ally. The creator of Ally’s Paleo Eats. The person who never thought she would know how to actually cook until it came down to having to actually learn.. Especially with being in a relationship with someone who LOVES food, and someone who has an autoimmune disease. I started searching for different recipes on Pinterest. Cooking definitely did not come naturally to me… I threw out a lot of recipes, not because they probably weren’t good, but because I was too hard on myself. I actually hated to cook. Absolutely hated it. But, every night I’d come home, dread cooking dinner, just to do it all over again the following night. I then started to get more into meal-prepping, and cooking in bulk on Sundays and then freezing food.
After realizing what a difference this diet had on me, not only physically but mentally, the positive outcomes it had on my boyfriend (now husband), understanding what foods I can and can’t eat, and getting over the money factors of buying higher quality ingredients, I really started to enjoy learning new recipes and becoming more knowledgable about ingredient substitutions.
Why We Follow Paleo
John has Ulcerative Colitis which is an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) that causes long-lasting inflammation and ulcers (sores) in his digestive tract. Ulcerative colitis affects the innermost lining of your large intestine and rectum. He has suffered from this for most of his life.
So, in 2016 John and I finished building our house and began living on our own. Finally, we decided, this is a fresh start for us, for our health. and for our relationship. We started looking into diets that would accompany both of us. From Vegan to Vegetarian to Dairy-Free and then to a High Meat Diet (Before Keto was a big trend!). Some of the diets, we probably didn’t stick too long enough to reap the benefits- but they didn’t all suit John and I! Many countless hours of internet research, listening to well-known doctors and podcasts, they all had different input. After listening and reading about many holistic doctors, we started to look more into the Paleo diet.
Check out the full story here!
Awesome Paleo References – Especially for Beginners!
Check out our other Paleo Post!
This article may contain affiliate / compensated links which means that I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only promote products that I love and feel will benefit my healthy readers!
For full information, please see our disclaimer here!
Leave a reply