An easy to make dessert that everyone will love! An almond crust base, a salted caramel Tahini filling, topped with chocolate and salt! Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Refined-Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan & Paleo!
Food | Yoga | Living Naturally | Travel | Reviews
Paleo Salted Caramel Tahini Almond Chocolate BarsJump to Recipe
What are the Ingredients in these Amazing Easy to Make Bars?
The Almond Crust base: made of almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt)
Just mix everything together, press into a non-stick baking pan and bake for 10 mins on 350 Degrees F.
Salted tahini caramel filling: Add all ingredients tahini, local pure maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and salt to a medium pot and place over low heat for 2 minutes or so, stirring frequently, until well combined.
*** Hazelnut Flour can be used instead of Almond Flour too
Chocolate Top Layer: Combine the Chocolate Chips and the coconut oil in a sauce man, and allow to melt completely.
*** You can also make your own chocolate with:
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅔ cup raw cacao powder
- 3–4 Tbsp maple syrup, more or less to your taste
- ½ Tbsp vanilla extract
Add all ingredients and melt in a saucepan over low heat, and then top your Tahini Layer and refrigerate any left over chocolate to make a bar or to use for later use like over ice cream!
Paleo Salted Caramel Tahini Almond Chocolate Bars
Crust – Base Layer
- 1½ Cups Almond Flour
- 3 Tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- ½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Tsp Salt
Salted Tahini Caramel Layer
- ½ Cup Tahini
- ¼ Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Tsp Himalayan or Sea Salt
- ¾ Cup Chocolate Chips Or make your own with Cocoa Powder!
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Himalayan or Sea Salt
Crust – Base Layer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil an 8×8 inch square non-stick pan with coconut oil or oil of choice, or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients for the crust (almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt). Mix together with a fork until it forms a crumb/dough texture.
- Add to the oiled pan and use your fingers to evenly press down into the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow crust to cool for 10 minutes before adding the Salted Caramel Tahini Layer.
Salted Tahini Caramel Layer
- Make the Salted Tahini Caramel Layer by adding all ingredients (tahini, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and salt) to a medium pot and place over low heat for 2 minutes or so, stirring frequently.
- When well combined pour over the slightly cooled crust.
- Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes to fully harden the caramel.
- After 30 minutes when the crust and Caramel layer have hardened, make the chocolate layer. Combine the Chocolate Chips and the coconut oil in a sauce man, and allow to melt completely.
- Pour the Chocolate over the caramel layer and evenly cover with chocolate.
- Place in fridge or freezer for chocolate to completely hardened, about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Remove bars from pan, sprinkle with Himalayan salt or sea salt and cut into squares.
- Keep bars covered in the fridge so they don't melt!
Hu Gems Chocolate is our go-to chocolate!
Vegan, free from dairy, palm oil, emulsifiers, soy lecithin, gluten, refined sugar, cane sugar and sugar alcohols.
Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO, and Kosher.
Made with organic cacao, unrefined organic coconut sugar, organic fair-trade cocoa butter.
- The Best Parchment Paper
Made from unbleached totally chlorine-free (TCF) grease-proof paper
Parchment Paper is totally chlorine-free, so no chlorine or chlorine derivatives are dumped into our lakes, rivers and streams
- For baking, roasting, reheating and wrapping
Can be reusable!
Meet Ally, The Creator Behind Allys Paleo Eats
A secretary by day, a cook by night, but in all seriousness, a want-to-be stay at home dog mom! Lover of animals. Lover of the environment. And Lover of yoga! Currently working on my Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sustainability and Animal Science. While being the best damn house-wife, pet-mom, and chicken “farmer”. You can find me where the cell signal is non-existent, the people are limited and the views are breathtaking!
Hi, I’m Ally. The creator of Ally’s Paleo Eats. The person who never thought she would know how to actually cook until it came down to having to actually learn.. Especially with being in a relationship with someone who LOVES food, and someone who has an autoimmune disease.
I started searching for different recipes on Pinterest. Cooking definitely did not come naturally to me… I threw out a lot of different foods, not because they probably weren’t good, but because I was too hard on myself. I actually hated to cook. Absolutely hated it. But, every night I’d come home, dread cooking dinner, just to do it all over again the following night. I then started to get more into meal-prepping, and cooking in bulk on Sundays, freezing food, and eventually found that I really like to cook.
After realizing what a difference this diet had on me, not only physically but mentally, the positive outcomes it had on my boyfriend (now husband), understanding what foods I can and can’t eat, and getting over the money factors of buying higher quality ingredients, I really started to enjoy learning new recipes and becoming more knowledgeable about ingredient substitutions.
Why We Follow Paleo
John has Ulcerative Colitis which is an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) that causes long-lasting inflammation and ulcers (sores) in his digestive tract. Ulcerative colitis affects the innermost lining of your large intestine and rectum. He has suffered from this for most of his life.
So, in 2016 John and I finished building our house and began living on our own. Finally, we decided, this is a fresh start for us, for our health. and for our relationship. We started looking into diets that would accompany both of us. From Vegan to Vegetarian to Dairy-Free and then to a High Meat Diet (Before Keto was a big trend!). Some of the diets, we probably didn’t stick too long enough to reap the benefits- but they didn’t all suit John and I! Many countless hours of internet research, listening to well-known doctors and podcasts, they all had different input. After listening and reading about many holistic doctors, we started to look more into the Paleo diet.
Check out the full story here! Why we Follow Paleo
Check out my Pinterest for more inspiration!
This article may contain affiliate / compensated links which means that I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only promote products that I love and feel will benefit my healthy readers!
For full information, please see our disclaimer here
Leave a reply