TRAVEL RESOURCES TO SAVE TIME & MONEY & TO CREATE THE TRIP OF YOUR DREAMS
Looking for ways to save money and find the best deals for traveling?
For us, budget travel is important while also creating the trip of our dreams– for less.
Below you will find the resources we personally use to help save us money while traveling. And the best resources to find unique and authentic healing retreats, and travel experiences!
How to Travel on a Budget
- Look into a travels reward program!
- Know where and when to look for budget-friendly flights and accommodation
- Explore alternative accommodation
- Be flexible, and book flights when the deals are happening!
- Volunteer to do Work Exchange
Saving Money Traveling the World
Booking Retreats + Experiences
- Booking Retreats
- Book Yoga + Meditation Retreats
- Book Yoga Teacher Training
- Book Martial Arts Camps
- Book Culinary Vacations
- Book Cycling Holidays
- Book Surf Camps
- Book Horse Riding Holidays
- Book Detox Retreats
- Book Wildlife + Nature Safari
- Book Motorcycle Tours
- Book Ranch Vacations
- Get Your Guide
- Viator Travel Experiences
Save Pin for Later!
Explore alternative accommodation
There are some ways to get free accommodations while traveling if you’re up for a real experience!
Couchsurfing is a great way to travel, and have a place to rest your head at night at no cost! Hosts will accept travelers and offer a couch, bed, or even an extra room at no cost! This is a great way to connect with new people and have more of an authentic experience staying with a local! Couchsurfers share their lives with the people they encounter, fostering cultural exchange and mutual respect.
Trusted House Sitting is another great “free” resource — you will be watching someone’s house, pets, and/or plants in exchange for a place to stay!
Volunteer to do Work Exchange
WWOOFing (Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms) is a worldwide movement or network of national organizations that facilitate homestays on organic farms, this promotes cultural and educational exchange, and builds a global community conscious of ecological farming and sustainability practices! — You will offer your host a lending hand, helping on the farm, learning about sustainability, experiencing a new culture, and meeting new people, in return, you will receive free room and board during your stay, and the opportunity to experience the area!
Workaway is similar to WWOOFing, you get to give back to the communities while traveling! You are expected to contribute a pre-agreed amount of time per day in exchange for lodging and food, which is provided by their host, and the rest of the time you are able to travel and explore the area! The difference with Workaway is that there are tons of opportunities that go beyond farming, such as volunteering at elephant sanctuaries, working on eco projects, volunteering at animal rescues, hostels, restaurants, and so much more!
Yoga Trade is a way to connect the yoga and wellness community with inspiring work experiences and unique
opportunities around the world. An amazing experience for those passionate about yoga and wellness and who want to share it with the world while seeing the world!!
Best Travel Credit Card
Everyone always asks me, how do you afford to travel so much? Truth is, my travel card rewards always pay for my flights and other travel purchases!
Capital One Venture Card is voted the best overall travel card according to Forbes.
The Venture Annual fee is $95 – and this one has more perks. However, I use the VentureOne card which doesn’t have an annual fee!
- Earn unlimited 1.25 miles per dollar on every purchase
- Earn unlimited 5 miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles once you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- 0% intro APR for 18 months on purchases and balance transfers; 19.24% – 29.24% variable APR after that; 3% fee on the amounts transferred within the first 18 months
- Annual Fee $0
- You won’t pay a transaction fee when making a purchase outside of the United States.
- Get automatic insurance for a covered loss at no extra charge when you use your credit card to purchase your fare.
- Rent an eligible vehicle with your credit card and you can be covered for damage due to collision or theft.
Want to get paid to travel? Here is our guide on How to Start a Travel Blog & Earn Money Traveling! Below are the blogging resources we use and recommend.
- Blogging Fast Lane Course
- SiteGround Web Hosting
- WordPress for your actual site!
Save this post for later!
This post contains affiliate links which means that we may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. We only promote products and experiences that we love and feel will benefit our Healthy Livin readers!
For full information, please see our disclaimer here
Travel Resources | Money Saving Travel Resources | Money Saving Travel Hacks | Saving Money Traveling the World | Money Saving Tips